Who We Are
The Free ME from Lung Cancer is a non-profit organization. We are dedicated to raising money for lung cancer research, education, advocacy and community support. We are committed to making lung cancer a national priority.
To decrease the suffering caused by a diagnosis of lung cancer by raising much needed money for lung cancer research, education, and community support.
Facts About Lung Cancer
- Fact: every three minutes someone dies from lung cancer.
- Fact: lung cancer is the least funded of all major cancers.
- Fact: lung cancer takes more lives than breast, colon, prostrate, liver, melanoma and kidney cancers combined.
- Fact: lung cancer accounts for more deaths than any other cancer in both men and women.
- Fact: estimated lung cancer deaths in 2012, 160,340.
- Fact: an estimated 226,260 new lung cancer diagnosis are expected in 2012.
- Fact: if you have lungs you can get lung cancer.
- Fact: radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer.
- Fact: overall five year survival rate has not changed in over 40 years. It still remains at 15%.